Your Guide And Advocate Through Difficult Times

Michigan Child Support Lawyer With More Than 25 Years Of Experience

The issue of whether child support will be granted and how much support a party has to pay can be a significant concern when filing for divorce. In Michigan, child support is calculated using the Michigan Child Support formula, which is based upon the income of both parties, the number of children, and who has custody. Child support orders are enforced under the Support and Parenting Time Enforcement Act (SPTEA).

I am Denise A. Hirschmann, Attorney at Law, and I have extensive experience in helping people throughout Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Lapeer, Wayne and Genesee counties with their child support concerns. Find out how I can help you by contacting my law office in Clinton Township today.

To arrange a free initial consultation, please call 586-307-4384 or complete my contact form. I provide flexible services, including virtual consultations, and I am available on evenings and weekends by appointment.

Child Support Guidance For Fathers And Mothers

Even though child support is based on guidelines, multiple issues can influence or change the amount a party has to pay. These include:

  • The amount of parenting time the non-custodial parent has
  • Changes in income or employment
  • Reduction in parenting time
  • Paternity issues

Often, in child support cases, a challenge arises in the determination of income, especially if one of the parties is self-employed. Courts will look at the spending habits and bank records of the self-employed person in an effort to determine their true income. I can help you fight for the amount of child support you need by making sure that all pertinent financial records are obtained.

If you are from out of state and seeking enforcement of a child support order in Michigan through the Uniform Child Support Enforcement Act, I can help. I can also assist you if you are seeking a modification of a current child support order due to a change in employment, income or custody agreement.

Let Me Help You Through This Uncertain Time

It is important that you are able to take care of your children. Let me help you with your child support needs. To discuss your goals and concerns, please call my office in Clinton Township at 586-307-4384 or complete my contact form. I offer a free initial consultation and accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. I can help you seek a solution that protects your interests and those of your children.