Meet Attorney Denise A. Hirschmann
Facing legal troubles can be extremely stressful. Hiring an attorney who understands the legal system and cares about what happens to you can greatly reduce the stress and fear you are feeling. I am Denise A. Hirschmann, Attorney at Law, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected. For more than 25 years, I have helped people throughout Macomb, Oakland, Lapeer, St. Clair, Wayne and Genesee counties with their family law and criminal defense concerns. I want to help you, too.
My Areas Of Practice
- Child custody and parenting time
- Child support
- Child Protective Services (CPS) issues
- Friend of the court issues
- Post-judgement issues, including modifications and enforcement
- Domicile changes
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Guardianship issues
- Adoption, including stepparent adoption
- OWI/DUI defense
- Traffic violations
- Juvenile offenses, including minor in possession (MIP)
If you are going through a difficult family or criminal law matter, you need an attorney who will be there for you — a lawyer who will fight for you and get the results that you need. I am that lawyer.
My Background And Credentials
My years of experience in the legal system have enabled me to develop relationships throughout every aspect of family court and criminal justice proceedings. These relationships mean that I am able to provide a unique perspective to my clients. I know how to navigate the legal process effectively and provide my clients with the best possible representation. I have a deep understanding of the social and legal aspects of family law and criminal law, and I bring my insights and guidance to every case. My background and credentials include the following:
- I am a graduate of Michigan State University, with undergraduate studies in pre-law and psychology.
- I am a graduate of the Detroit College of Law.
- I am a current member of the Michigan Bar Association, American Bar Association and the Macomb County Bar Association.
- I am on the Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association Board.
- I am a past board member of the Women Lawyers Association of Macomb County and past member of the Optimist Club.
- I have a background in substance abuse counseling and have worked in all aspects of the criminal justice system, including as a probation officer, a city attorney, a defense attorney and a Magistrate and Court Administrator. I have more than 25 years of experience navigating the system and coming out on top.
- I have tried cases, conducted evidentiary hearings, conducted depositions, and attended numerous friend of the court meetings and hearings, and I am experienced in all aspects of family court.
For more on my experience and background, please see my attorney profile:
Contact My Office Today
Everyone has a right to be treated fairly and justly under the law in an unbiased manner. I do not discriminate based on religion, gender, race, age, marital status or sexual orientation. I provide flexible services to my clients, offering virtual consultations and evening and weekend meetings by appointment. To arrange a free consultation, please call my office in Clinton Township at 586-307-4384 or complete my contact form. I represent clients throughout Macomb County and the surrounding areas, including Detroit, Pontiac, Waterford and Flint.