Child Support

Michigan Child Support Lawyer

The issue of whether child support will be granted and how much support a party has to pay can be a significant concern when filing for divorce. In Michigan child support is calculated based on application of the Michigan Child Support formula which is based upon the income of both parties, the number of children and who has custody. Enforcement is through the Support and Parenting Time Enforcement Act (SPTEA).

My name is Denise Hirschmann and my law practice has considerable experience assisting people in the Clinton Township, Michigan, Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Lapeer, Wayne and Genesse counties with their child support concerns. Find out how I can help you by calling me today.

Contact my office by phone at 586.307.4384 to arrange for your free initial consultation.

Macomb County Child Support and Fathers Rights Attorney

Even though child support is based upon guidelines, there are multiple issues that can influence or change the amount a party has to pay. These include:

  • The amount of parenting time the non-custodial parent has
  • Changes in income or employment
  • Reduction in parenting time
  • Paternity issues

A challenge in child support cases can rest on determination of income, especially if one of the parties is self-employed. Courts will look at the spending habits and bank records of the self-employed person in an effort to determine their true income. I can help you fight for the amount of child support you need by making sure all pertinent financial records are obtained.

If you are from out of state seeking enforcement of a child support order in Michigan through the Uniform Child Support Enforcement Act, I can help. My law practice also can assist you if you are seeking modification of a current child support order due to a change in employment, income, or custody agreement.

Let me take your hand and guide you through this…

It is important that you are able to take care of your children. Let me help you with your child support needs. Contact my office by phone at 586.307.4384 to speak with me. I offer a free initial consultation and accept Visa and MasterCard.


Denise A. Hirschmann P.C.

38550 Garfield Rd.
Ste A
Clinton Township, MI 48038

Phone 586-307-4384
Fax 586-226-5534
Contact Us |  Map & Directions