Child Custody & Parenting Time
Michigan Child Custody & Parenting Time Lawyer
More then any other area of a divorce, child custody and Parenting can be one of the biggest concerns of a divorcing couple and the court systems. Every parent wants to protect their child and no parent wants to lose the ability to spend time with their children. That is why custody and parenting time issues can be the greatest source of tension between a divorcing couple.
My name is Denise Hirschmann and as a mother and attorney it is important to me to keep families together and to make sure that my client’s parental rights are protected. Since 1992, my law practice has been helping people in the Macomb, Oakland, Lapeer, St. Clair, Wayne and Genesee counties, Michigan, area with their child custody and parenting time legal matters. I know how important your children are to you and I want to help.
Contact my office by phone at 586.307.4384 to arrange for your free initial consultation.
Macomb County and Clinton Township Child Custody Attorney
The courts in Michigan will determine child custody and parenting time based upon the best interests of the child. The court determines the best interests of a child by looking at the following factors:
- The bond that exists between the parties involved and the child.
- The ability to give the child love, affection, and guidance and to continue the education and raising of the child.
- The ability to provide food, clothing, medical care, and other material needs.
- The length of time the child has lived in a stable, satisfactory environment and the desirability of maintaining continuity.
- The permanence, as a family unit, of the existing or proposed custodial home.
- The moral fitness of the parties involved.
- The mental and physical health of the parties involved.
- The home, school, and community record of the child.
- The reasonable preference of the child, if the court considers the child to be of sufficient age to express a preference.
- The willingness and ability of the parties to facilitate and encourage a close relationship between the child and the other parent.
- Domestic violence, regardless of whether the incident was directed against or witnessed by the child.
- Any other factor considered relevant by the court.
Most courts favor joint legal custody and take a gender blind view in applying the best interest factors. I will advise you regarding the type of evidence you need, how the evidence should be presented to the court, and the likelihood of your case prevailing, so that you can make informed decisions.
In order to relocate or have a change in domicile that is more then 100 miles away the custodial parent must obtain the court’s permission. Not doing so could have serious ramifications. As your child custody and Parenting attorney, I will fight on your behalf to make sure your parental rights are protected.
In the darkest times of your life…
Are you worried you won’t ever see your children again? Don’t let that scare you from making a decision to move out of a bad relationship. I can help you through these difficult times. Contact my office by phone at 586.307.4384 to speak with me. I offer a free initial consultation and accept Visa and MasterCard.